Mobile optimization is the designing and formatting of your website to make it more compatible with mobile devices. The benefit of creating a mobile-friendly website is that it will increase the ranking of your site in mobile searches.
- Create a Responsive WebSite
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) – A website’s URL for mobile device should be kept short, as users find it a tedious task to type long URLs. The URL of a website for the desktop is www.domain.com and its mobile version is as m.domain.com.
- Display the Content of Your Website in Mobile Settings – Create an alternate stripped down version of the CSS style to display the content of a modern CSS-coded website in a mobile device and then, by using automated code you can redirect the mobile users to that version. Some websites host with the content management systems which have readymade mobile templates that make this process simpler.
- Page Speed – The time taken to download and display the entire content of a web page in the browser window should be minimal. Only websites which load fast have high ranking in the search engines. They deliver more positive user experience thereby increasing conversion rate and revenues. The page load speed can be improved by enabling the file compression and browser cache, code optimization, reducing the redirects, improving server response time and by using content distribution network.
- Website content – You should figure out the information which the customer is looking for in your website and include only that essential content in a given restricted amount of screen space. Optimization of content is possible by including relevant keywords and moreover, strategically placing them throughout your pages.
- Streamline the site layout – Users find it annoying that to find some particular information they have to navigate through many links. It is essential that the number of web pages be kept minimal. Only a streamlined, uncluttered site can limit the navigation.
- Text placement – It is advisable to place long segments of text on multiple pages to make the text easier to read on a cell phone.
- Responsive table – Design a responsive table especially, one long column of text for reading the content easily on mobile phones without zooming.
- Images – The images used in the cell phone should be small and downloaded quickly. It should be particularly in jpeg, gif or png format.
Other factors to be considered while designing a website for handheld phones are as follows:
- The design of your branding elements on the mobile site must be exactly identical to the one in the standard site.
- Utilize white space to give a cleaner and more sophisticated appearance.
- Flash or Java should be avoided.
- Eliminate ads, pop-ups, cookies, tables, nested tables and frames.
- Never define the dimensions of the object in pixels, millimeters or inches; instead interpret it as EMs and percentages.
- The font, style, size, space, layout and alignment used in your website should perfectly fit in with your mobile device.
- Use dropdown menus, checklists and pre-populated fields as a means of data entry.
Professional web designers in an established SEO company can help you optimize your website for obtaining higher ranking in mobile searches. They are highly experienced in offering affordable SEO services to clients across the globe. Their expert designers and developers always research and adopt new technologies and take special care to craft usable and attractive websites that can adjust with various mobile devices.